Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Online shopping sucks!... when you're ordering from the Philippines.

Last March, I ordered a few stuff from the internet because I was aching to try out these Japanese cosmetics and the like that are very popular in Asia (that you unfortunately can't get in any store in the Philippines). I was excited because the website I ordered from wouldn't charge me anything for the shipping, which usually costs at least a thousand bucks.

A few days after I placed my order, of course, I was expecting the package anytime soon. But when it came, it was not a box, but a freaking NOTICE CARD that states that I have to pick it up in Pasay, which is sooooooooo far from where I'm living. But because I really wanted to get my hand on those goodies, I did some research on how to get there... and found out along the way that I have to pay about 22% of the total amount of the products for taxes. WTF.

And so after a month, I finally went to the Philpost Office to claim the items. I came there thinking I won't pay more than a thousand bucks because the items are worth about P3,500 in total, meaning 22% = P770. But to my disbelief, i was charged P1,400!

Syempre, wala na kong magagawa. I was already there. I have no choice but to pay. So I payed and went home.

Fuck you customs.

I know we have laws and all, but it's just too much. I read somewhere na lately lang nila pinatupad yung mga tax tax na yan, or kung meron dati, hindi ganun kalaki. I remember the last time I bought something from the internet, it was delivered directly to our house. But that was a long time ago.

Maybe I wouldn't be too pissed off if they just delivered it to our house, even if I have to pay the delivery guy for the taxes. Hindi yung pupuntahan ko pa sa sobrang layong lugar, na sobrang init at wala pang aircon. Sobrang abala.

Writing this post riled me up. I know.


Fuck you still, Bureau of Customs. Ain't taking that back.

=p

0 comments:

Post a Comment