Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Relationships.

While browsing my Facebook account's news feed, I came across this song that really made me sad. It has something to do with long distance relationships, and though I'm currently not in one, just listening to the song made me feel like I'm actually far away from somebody I love.

Well, this comes from a woman's point of view, but guys, what's wrong with you? Is it that hard to make a woman feel loved? And I'm not just talking about long distance relationships here, mind you. You just make us feel special at the early part of the relationship. But after a while, what? You treat us like doormats. You don't answer our calls or reply to our texts. We go online to chat with you but you don't, even if you know that we're waiting. You always leave us hanging. Then you tell us to stop nagging, na nasasakal kayo, etc etc. and then BAM! It's over. For completely fucked up reasons.

Can't you understand? We just want to be a part of your day. We want you to think of us, even for just a while. We want you to know that amidst our busy schedules, we are thinking about you. We want to spend time with you, even just in thought.

When you think about it, women can really be a pain in the ass. I admit, we sometimes are. But do you know why women nag? Because of the unanswered calls and texts. The emails with no response. The cold/silent  treatment. So whose fault is it then? Is it us? Or you? I'd say both. So stop telling us crap or making lame excuses just to end a fucking relationship. Just STOP LYING.

I highly believe that a relationship isn't just about love, but more about choices. Love will not always be there, because honestly, it fades away. But if you choose to fall in love over and over again with that one person, then, congratulations! You're in a RELATIONSHIP.

A relationship should always be an effort from both parties. Even if a woman or a man is head over heels for you right now, and will follow everything you say, it wouldn't always be like that. Nakakapagod din ang maghintay. Nakakapagod umasa. Nakakapagod maging sunud-sunuran. So please, guys/girls, take care of your loved one. Don't make her/him feel like she/he's not part of your priorities. Learn to reply to her/his messages every once in a while, don't keep her/him waiting. If there's a problem, talk it out. Don't let small things ruin your relationship. Learn to give, not just take. Be honest. And most importantly, just love her/him.

[To everyone who's wondering, this post isn't about me. I'm fairly happy with the relationship I am in right now. I just felt like some people should be reminded of these things. Who knows, someone might read this that'll make him/her decide to make the relationship work right? I hope. I hate sad endings. *sigh*]

0 comments:

Post a Comment