Sunday, March 13, 2011

ER. Everyone Rocks.



After graduating from college and earning a degree in nursing, I've always pictured myself as an Intensive Care Unit nurse or as as Emergency Room nurse. As a student, I never enjoyed working on wards, since I find it really boring. The most memorable duties I had as a student were always in the ICU or ER setting. But I prefer the latter more since I find it challenging, it requires me to think fast, and unexpected things always happen. Besides, I don't wanna see patients deteriorate, and just wait for them to die. =p Hey, no offense to ICU nurses out there, okay? We all know the fact that not all patients in the ICU are expected to live or recover from whatever ailness they have right?


I started working at Capitol Medical Center in 2007, and boy, only God knows how happy I am to be assigned at the Emergency Room. I met a lot of people, learned a lot of things, and most of all, gained a lot of friends. Old friends, whom I don't see that much anymore because either they've transferred to another hospital or have gone abroad, and newer friends who are younger than me, but are at par with me in maturity and immaturity. Hihi ^_^

Note: At first I thought, "Oh no! I'm not the youngest anymore," and I was like this ------> T_T LOL


I was 21 years old when I started working at CMC, and this year, in a few months time, I'll be 25 years old. Darn, t'was fast! In that span of time, I sang for a "band", joined a dance contest, mastered IV insertion, hated NGT insertions, started wearing colored contact lenses, became the best carbonara and tuna sandwich cook, got drunk for the first time, was thrown in the pool and swam in my fashionista clothes, changed cellphones more than 5 times, worn out quite a number of shoes, stopped wearing heels, bought a pink luggage, lost my artistic touch, learned to stand up for myself *remembering that dirty old man i got in a heated verbal argument with LOL*, got a passport, traveled a lot, had a baby *Vanilla ^_^*, went on drinking sprees with ER peeps, bought a new digicam and blinged it, got a lumix camera too that I love so much, started wearing dresses, stopped collecting sunglasses, fell in love with Dan Brown's works, still hated horror flicks, collected a few happy meal toys, fell in love unexpectedly, still loved pink and hello kitty, got addicted to the walking dead series and comic books, became an expert on triage nursing *LOL*, hated Dr. Francisco Lukban even more *hahaha =D*, and of course, met friends that are there for me, up or down, happy or sad.

This post is dedicated to them, to all ER peeps I've made in the past 3 and a half years. Kudos to y'all for making my ER life unforgettable.

LOVE ❤ LOVE ❤ LOVE  ^_^




  








































































1 comments:

cris said...

sure hit! nakakaiyak =...( i'm missing all the fun in ER. for sure there's no place like home! but Life never stops changing.. change for the better but all the love remains! ER love!! =D Good luck and Godbless to a new chaptER in ur life pammie!!! high five!

Post a Comment